First Draft Pro takes a security by design approach towards protecting your data. We take your data privacy very seriously, and we’re building our platform using best practices for secure cloud applications.
- The First Draft Pro website
- The First Draft Pro web application
First Draft Pro is committed to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For this reason:
- We are explicit about what data we are collecting and what we intend to use it for.
- We only collect data that is necessary to provide an excellent service to you.
- We only hold your data for the period that you are legitimately registered to use our service, and commit to deleting any held information within 30 days of you cancelling your account.
- We will ensure that any data you delete from your account is purged within 30 days.
Under the GDPR you have certain rights with respect to your personal data, including:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of your personal information.
- The right to request the erasure (subject to limitations applicable under the law) of your personal information. Please note that fulfilling this request may result in the closing of your account, and prevent your usage of our services.
- The right to make a complaint about how we are handling your personal information to the appropriate supervisory authority.
- The right to request that restrictions are placed on how your personal information is processed.
- The right to object to how your personal information is processed.
- The right to receive the personal information we possess, and transfer it to another party.
- The right to object to and prevent any automated decision that could have a legal or other significant effect on you from being made – unless this is deemed necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, is allowed by European law, or is based on your consent.
Information you provide to us
- Account Information. When you create an account, we will collect the information you provide, including your name, email address, picture. We use this to personalise your account, and to send you invoices, updates or other essential information.
- Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information such as your email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our services, request customer service assistance, register for our newsletter, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information we collect automatically
- Automatic Data Collection. We collect certain information automatically when you use our services. This information may include your IP address (we also infer your location based on this), user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, and information about how you interact with and use our services. We only have access to information that you have consented to making available.
- Pixel Tags. A pixel tag is a piece of code we embed in our services and website. This allows us to record (for example) which pages you have visited on our website, or lets us know if you clicked on a particular advert or interacted with an email we sent you.
- Metrics and Analytics. We may use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect and process analytics information on our services. We may also track your individual usage metrics (like daily word counts and project word counts) with your express consent.
We only use collected information to provide you with the services or information you have requested, and for legitimate business purposes such as direct marketing, measuring interest and engagement with our services, developing new products and services, protecting against illegal, malicious, deceptive, fraudulent activity, and complying with our legal obligations
- Consent. If we use your personal information for other purposes not defined here, we will expressly ask for your consent and clearly define the purpose of use at the time.
- For Collaboration. You can create content in collaboration with other users, and grant permission to others to see, share, edit, copy, and download that content based on the settings you select. Some collaboration features will display your personal information (name, email address, picture, role) in context. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other users who you allow to access your content.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information you share with us with third-party service providers expressly in relation to the provision of the services, marketing and advertising, payment and transaction processing, and customer service activities.
You can register an account with Mine to request the deletion of data held in relation to your usage of First Draft Pro. Please note that any data deletion requested from either First Draft Pro or CK Editor may mean that you are no longer able to use the service.
First Draft Pro may update this policy from time to time – we’ll notify you if we make any significant changes.
Questions about this policy? Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily answer them.